cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB USART1 not working

RWeil.2
Associate III

Hello, please be warned, I am ultra new to STM32 mikrocontrollers (student).

I watched several hours of tutorials and now I am starting my first steps in programming. I am using the CubeMX to set up the code.

Unfortunately, I can´t get the USART1 running. I do not know if I configured the pins in CubeMX incorrectly or if I forgot something in the code (most of the code was generated by CubeMX). I took some screenshots and hope they provide enough information for you.

What does the warning "Partly disabled conflict with: PB3 mapped with SYS_JTDO-SWO" mean?

Kind regards

René

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

How do you know it's not working? ASCII characters 1 through 10 aren't printable characters. Try sending a string such as "Hello world".

> What does the warning "Partly disabled conflict with: PB3 mapped with SYS_JTDO-SWO" mean?

It means you can't enable something because a pin is already being used. Ignore it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

How do you know it's not working? ASCII characters 1 through 10 aren't printable characters. Try sending a string such as "Hello world".

> What does the warning "Partly disabled conflict with: PB3 mapped with SYS_JTDO-SWO" mean?

It means you can't enable something because a pin is already being used. Ignore it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
RWeil.2
Associate III

Thank you! It had been working, indeed, I just sent the wrong characters.