cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB Extended Advertising on STM32WB55?

teja_111
Associate II

Hello ST,

We would like to use the Extended advertising capabilities of the STM32WB, but could not find the right example for it in the SDK or in the web. Do you have any examples or information/documentation from your side? We would like to advertise at least 255 bytes  and if possible more. Please let us know on how to achieve this task?

@Remi QUINTIN@STTwo-32

5 REPLIES 5
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @teja_111 

I suggest you follow this Wiki for information about the implementation of the Extended advertising capabilities on the STM32WB. 

The examples of EXT_Client and EXT_Server are availabe here .and on the Example selector of the CubeMX

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

teja_111
Associate II

Hello @STTwo-32 

Thanks for providing the information. I have gone through the documentation and example provided by you in the above message. The example describes communication between two nucleo boords one acting as a server and other as a client.

But, In our case, we would like to see the extended advertising data in the mobile app namely "STM32 BLE ToolBox" or "Light blue app". We modified the example, but could not able to see any extended data in the mobile app?

Could you please provide a feedback on how to handle this task?

Thanks & Regards

Teja

I suggest you connect the Nucleo board with the server program to the application on your Mobile. It should show you the necessary values.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the reply. I can only see the legacy advertising data on my mobile when i connect the server program application to the mobile. But my case is to view the extended advertising data and I am not able to view it in the mobile app. 

is it possible, to view the extended advertising data in the mobile? if yes, please let us know, how can we do it?

Best Regards

teja

teja_111
Associate II

@STTwo-32  do you have any update on this topic?