cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I prevent the fast advertisement mode from stopping? I'm using STM32WB and following BLE p2p server example. All the examples turn off fast advertising mode after the 60s from reset. How can I avoid this automatic stopping/make it takes longer?

KKIM.6
Senior

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

You can removed the timer used to stop the advertising see Advertising_mgr_timer_Id or you can changed the timeout value, see the following define in app_ble.c file:

#define FAST_ADV_TIMEOUT               (30*1000*1000/CFG_TS_TICK_VAL) /**< 30s */
#define INITIAL_ADV_TIMEOUT            (60*1000*1000/CFG_TS_TICK_VAL) /**< 60s */

Best Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KKIM.6
Senior

I'm developing an implantable device. So, resetting the microcontroller is not easy.

So, I want to use the power off / on to reset the microcontroller but if it goes to power saving mode, it will be delayed.

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

You can removed the timer used to stop the advertising see Advertising_mgr_timer_Id or you can changed the timeout value, see the following define in app_ble.c file:

#define FAST_ADV_TIMEOUT               (30*1000*1000/CFG_TS_TICK_VAL) /**< 30s */
#define INITIAL_ADV_TIMEOUT            (60*1000*1000/CFG_TS_TICK_VAL) /**< 60s */

Best Regards