cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, i want to use the STM32WB5MM module to send audio data to my smart phone. I donwloaded the BVLPeripheral_FULLBAND example project and it receives 48kHz stereo audio from the phone and send it via usb to pc. Is it possible to send 48kHz to phone?

MLies.1
Associate

3 REPLIES 3
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

According to the FP-AUD-BVLINKWB1 documentation, you can only perform full-duplex audio streaming at 16 kHz with ST BLE Sensor application.

Best Regards

MLies.1
Associate

Hi Remy,

according to this application note the FULLBAND example project works with 48kHz sampling rate:

0693W00000Kcmm5QAB.pngPage 8 :

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um2614-getting-started-with-the-stm32cube-function-pack-for-stm32wb-mcu-featuring-advanced-audio-streaming-over-bluetooth-50-using-opus-codec-stmicroelectronics.pdf

The example uses Opus compress algorithms to send the data and decompress once receiving it.

So i just want to know if i can turn it the way around and send 48kHz stereo from the evaluation board to the phone.

I know that i have to write my own app and modify the firmware but is it possible to do it?

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

In order to send 48kHz stereo from STM32WB to smartphone you should modify both FW and App starting from fullduplex example.

FW: encoder initialization and input data passed to the encoder must be modified accordingly. Since stereo encoder requests lots of resources, keep in mind that WB resources could not be enough depending on what the application should do (send voice or music, one direction or bidirectional, simple or fullduplex, ecc..)

APP: the decoder must be initialized accordingly with the encoder (48 kHz, stereo ecc) and the audio out buffer must be modified.

Best Regards