cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aci_gatt_add_char( ) returns BLE_STATUS_OUT_OF_MEMORY

PADAM.1
Associate III

Hello,

I need to add characteristics without using the mechanism of the ioc configuration file. After only 3 (!) characteristics, the function aci_gatt_add_char( ) returns BLE_STATUS_OUT_OF_MEMORY.

The available documentation is not usable to find a solution. Why isn't there any chapter in pdf like AN5270 or UM2550 which simply explains how to do (The better way would be to increase your ioc tools to get done the job).

A customer told me that your "BLE software stack, c'est de la merde"...

"It is too complicate (you should compare it to silabs or nordic) and with many errors."

RFC

Best regards

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

First hit on Google for BLE_STATUS_OUT_OF_MEMORY:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000006Pj9G/acigattaddchar-returned-blestatusoutofmemory

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
PADAM.1
Associate III

Hello TDK,

thank you very much for your reply. It is exactly what I need 🙂

For ST staff:

In "table 231 ACI_GATT_ADD_CHAR output parameters" of AN5270 Rev 10, you only state:

Parameter Size Description Possible values

Status 1 Status error code -

This is not enough. You should list all possible return values, the reason why they are returned and (!) what the customer must do (here: "increase the parameter Max_Attribute_Records of function aci_gatt_add_service()") to solve the problem...

As a former CFO of STM said: There is room for improvement...

Best regards

Paul