cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-DISPLAY 2.0.1 Not Support the QSPI Mode Configuration

AHsie.2
Associate

It looks like the X-CUBEDISPLAY 2.0.1 software package is not supported the QSPI mode configured, it is only supported the SPI or the OSPI mode . The NUCLEO-H755ZI-Q is supported the SPI or QSPI mode only. Anyone know how to configure the X-CUBE-DISPLAY 2.0.1 with the QSPI mode ? Please Help , thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @AHsie.2​,

The X-CUBE-DISPLAY Expansion Package provides simple and generic support software for the X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1, X-NUCLEO-GFX01M2, and X-NUCLEO-GFX02Z1 expansion boards.

In the cube package there are different examples that might help you, the "Hello World" example is available on :

• the X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1 expansion board connected to the NUCLEO-G071RB or NUCLEO-L476RG
  • the X-NUCLEO-GFX01M2 expansion board connected to the NUCLEO-G071RB or NUCLEO-WB55RG
  • the X-NUCLEO-GFX02Z1 expansion board connected to the NUCLEO-L4R5ZI or NUCLEO-U575ZI.

You can as well start a new project on different MCUs or boards by following the steps detailed on the 5. section of the UM2787 and configure the needed settings after verifying the compatibility and being sure it is possible to add the pack to the project.

Now for the NUCLEO-H755ZI-Q, it seems that there are some compatibility issues with the X-Cube-Display and the OCTOSPI component has unresolvable dependencies. I have attached a screenshot.

0693W00000NrSI6QAN.jpgI recommend you trying another MCU or board that suits your application.

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully answered your question. This will help other users find this solution faster. 

Chahinez.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @AHsie.2​,

The X-CUBE-DISPLAY Expansion Package provides simple and generic support software for the X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1, X-NUCLEO-GFX01M2, and X-NUCLEO-GFX02Z1 expansion boards.

In the cube package there are different examples that might help you, the "Hello World" example is available on :

• the X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1 expansion board connected to the NUCLEO-G071RB or NUCLEO-L476RG
  • the X-NUCLEO-GFX01M2 expansion board connected to the NUCLEO-G071RB or NUCLEO-WB55RG
  • the X-NUCLEO-GFX02Z1 expansion board connected to the NUCLEO-L4R5ZI or NUCLEO-U575ZI.

You can as well start a new project on different MCUs or boards by following the steps detailed on the 5. section of the UM2787 and configure the needed settings after verifying the compatibility and being sure it is possible to add the pack to the project.

Now for the NUCLEO-H755ZI-Q, it seems that there are some compatibility issues with the X-Cube-Display and the OCTOSPI component has unresolvable dependencies. I have attached a screenshot.

0693W00000NrSI6QAN.jpgI recommend you trying another MCU or board that suits your application.

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully answered your question. This will help other users find this solution faster. 

Chahinez.

Pretty sure the H755 doesn't have OCTOSPI, and the Macronix "L" part is QUAD, so I can see that being an unbridgeable dependency, and perhaps something the tool should be wise too, and offer/show things that are workable.

I've definitely had the MX25L64 on the GFX02Z1 working in QUADSPI on a NUCLEO-H743ZI

On MB1363 (H7A3,H755) SB88 needs to be removed to de-conflict PE2, SB87 stays on, it's the side connecting to QSPI D2

CLK PB2:AF9 SB51

NCS PG6:AF10

D0 PD11:AF9

D1 PD12:AF9

D2 PE2:AF9 SB88:OFF,SB87:ON

D3 PD13:AF9

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..