cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F427IIT6 DCMI with IS42S16400J external ram and HAL drivers. Need help configuring to work.

JWall.1
Associate II

Using the above parts, I am making a camera module to only take snapshots. I am using a 2MP sensor with 12 bit parallel data. I have configured the DCMI module to work with 70K of internal memory for a very small snapshot window. In order to get the full resolution of 1900 x 1080, I need to send the DCMI data to the external ram. Since the resolution is high, there is a special way of breaking up the data into 16 buffers of same size.

As of now, I can barely get the SDRAM to work on its own, in a small size. A lot of examples use the STMF429 Discovery board but do not use the HAL drivers since I used the Cube to set everything up. Secondly, there are various configurations and settings for the ram chip that is not described anywhere I can find as to what they should be. I also am not sure what the starting address should be. Some documents say 0xc0000000 and others say 0xD0000000.

I have searched many forums, examples, app notes etc for the past two weeks and have not gotten any closer to this working. Looking for any insight or steps to walk through that are specific to the chips I mentioned and the configuration I need. The info must be related to high resolution DCMI DMA sending to SDRAM using all HAL drivers.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0