cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update TouchGFX Designer

CAbey.1
Associate II

I can't find the update option in TouchGFX designer software. Do I need to uninstall existing designer manually and download X-Cube-TouchGFX package again and install as a new software to update. I know that TouchGFX generator can be updated from the CubeIDE itself. But the problem is with the Designer

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ah ok, I think I know what you need to do. Did you now install the package using STM32CubeMX itself or "only with STM32CubeIDE" ? (I rarely use the integrated STm32CubeMX tool in STM32CubeIDE as I prefer to have them seperated but it is my personal preference).

If with STM32CubeMX, go to the repository folder and navigate to the TouchGFX package, something like this C:\Users\< user name>\STM32Cube\Repository\Packs\STMicroelectronics\X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX\4.21.3\Utilities\PC_Software

There run the .exe

I guess it must be a similar path with stm32cubeide.

/Romain

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

You do not need to uninstall anything, I personally have multiple versions of TouchGFX on my pc to help support everyone but it is true that if you only need the latest version and need to save some memory space you can uninstall older versions.

TouchGFX can be updated from STM32CubeMX,what you referred to TouchGFX Generator is what you can set in STM32CubeMX/STM32CubeIDE.

Are you facing any issues in particular ?

/Romain

Thank you very much for the reply.

Yeah, TouchGFX generator can be updated from the CubeMX itself. I haven't install CubeMX separately Im using the CubeMX in the CubeIDE. Sorry for the confusion. I updated the generator from it.

But the problem is, it is not updating the TouchGFX designer.

Ah ok, I think I know what you need to do. Did you now install the package using STM32CubeMX itself or "only with STM32CubeIDE" ? (I rarely use the integrated STm32CubeMX tool in STM32CubeIDE as I prefer to have them seperated but it is my personal preference).

If with STM32CubeMX, go to the repository folder and navigate to the TouchGFX package, something like this C:\Users\< user name>\STM32Cube\Repository\Packs\STMicroelectronics\X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX\4.21.3\Utilities\PC_Software

There run the .exe

I guess it must be a similar path with stm32cubeide.

/Romain

Oh thank you. Seems like it's the same setup as in the official website. right ? Are you sure it will update the old installed one. Seems like it install as separate version. But not sure. Anyway I installed latest version by uninstalling and reintalling using the setup from official website. But I thought there is inbuilt future from the designer itself to update. Seems like there is no such a feature like that

Thank you for replying