cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Console output of TouchGFX Environment messed up when compiling Simulator

t.decker
Senior

I have a running STM32F7 project with TouchGFX on a custom board. Now I need to create a MS Windows application where config files can be edited. I thought misusing the simulation.exe generated by TouchGFX might be a good way to go. Same user interface for the customer, export/import of config files via USB storage device.

Of course at the beginning the Simulator won't compile because it tries to include HAL and other stuff that needs to be excluded by #ifdef SIMULATOR and exchanged with custom code for the Windows application. My plan was to wipe out one mistake after the other by starting the compile process in the console over and over again. But the console output of the build process is really messed up when starting from the TouchGFX Environment console instead of clicking Run in the Designer and looking at the log window.

Any hints on how to fix the console output? It not only has wrong indentation, it is also mixed up text.

I'm using Win10 and TouchGFX 4.23.2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
t.decker
Senior

Just found out, that running the make with only one thread

make -f simulator/gcc/Makefile -j1

"fixes" the problem. Might be slower, but at least I can read the output properly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
t.decker
Senior

Just found out, that running the make with only one thread

make -f simulator/gcc/Makefile -j1

"fixes" the problem. Might be slower, but at least I can read the output properly.

Hello @t.decker ,

Glad to hear that you managed to fix the issue. We will investigate more on this issue.

Could you please select your comment as the accepted solution? 

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hello @Mohammad MORADI ESFAHANIASL,

thank you for investigating this. Never seen this behaviour on any gcc compiles with -j[>1] before. I've also noticed that - while CubeIDE uses gcc 12 - the Windows application is built with a quite old gcc 7.3.