cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computing ECDH shared secret on STM32U585 using HAL_PKA_ECCMul

Madhu_Kurimeti
Associate II

I'm trying to compute the ECDH shared secret by multiplying local private key and other party public key using HAL_PKA_ECCMul. For some reason it is not working. I'm using curve secp256r1. But I'm able to use HAL_PKA_ECCMul to generate public key by multiplying a private key with the secp256r1 generator x and y.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madhu_Kurimeti
Associate II

I found out that I was initializing the crypto accelerator twice. That's why the issue was happening. Closing this ticket.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Madhu_Kurimeti
Associate II

@Tesla DeLorean I checked the thread you mentioned, but no one replied with solution in that.

Yes, not sure who has responsibility for supporting this code / library here, so flagging to staff, and linking to a thread of similar issue that this might have been better posting against.

Not sure I'm seeing any code attachment that quickly demonstrates / confirms the issue in either thread, which might go a way to explaining the lack of responses.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Madhu_Kurimeti
Associate II

I found out that I was initializing the crypto accelerator twice. That's why the issue was happening. Closing this ticket.