cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-AUDIO spiritMP3 license

rickard2
Associate III

I am look into to use X-CUBE-AUDIO spiritMP3  for encode and decode MP3 but reading the documentation I found the following:

There are no differences between the demo and the commercial version except bitrate restrictions. (Same folders structure, same API, same file names, etc). The demo version supports only the highest bit rates, i.e., 320 kbps for Layer-3, 384 kbps for Layer-2, and 448 kbps for Layer-1. As a consequence, the demo version cannot support Variable Bit Rate (VBR) files.

I thought X-CUBE-AUDIO was completely free and looking into the code it seems like it is possible to change bit rate (however I have not tested it yet). Since my application is for speech and datastorage is limited, I need to now if it is possible to change bit rate or it will come with a license cost. If it is license cost, I will need to look for another MP3 library and I prefer to know this before doing the actual implementation.

3 REPLIES 3

Pretty sure all MPEG related technology will still need to be licensed from MPEG-LA by the end product manufacturer

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hello @rickard2​ ,

Please note that bit rates from 8 to 320 Kbps are supported with ST Free License.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks!

Now I can continue implementing spiritMP3  !