cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32f105 SPI3 change pins

coolname
Associate

I am running a simple poc to test the SPI connection to a flash memory chip. When I select SPI3 in cube MX, It gives me two options for the set of pins. I would like to use PC12 as Clock but it wont let me change it. Hand editing the generated code doesn't seem to take any effect. There are so many pins available why is it not letting me assign to any unused pins?

Is there a right way to modify the pins after code is generated?

2 REPLIES 2
RhSilicon
Lead

There are so many pins available why is it not letting me assign to any unused pins?

SPI3 is a hardware module, it has specific pins that can be alternated.

FBL
ST Employee

Hello @coolname and welcome to ST Community,

Could you please specify the full part number? 

You need to refer to the datasheet to check the related pins physically mapped according to the package being used.

Connectivity line, ARM®-based 32-bit MCU with 64/256 KB Flash, USB OTG, Ethernet, 10 timers, 2 CANs, 2 ADCs, 14 communication interfaces (st.com)

For further details, please refer to the reference manual section 9.3.11 SPI3/I2S3 alternate function remapping and section 9.4.2 AF remap and debug I/O configuration register (AFIO_MAPR)

Thanks for selecting Accept as solution if this helps!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.