cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103 BLUEPILL IS NOT DETECTING

stalin_john
Associate

Dear STM32 Bluepill Community,

I recently acquired an STM32 Bluepill development board and have been attempting to establish a communication link with my computer via the USB interface. Unfortunately, my computer is not recognizing the COM port associated with the STM32 Bluepill.

Here are the steps I've taken so far to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Checked the USB Cable and Connection: I have verified that I am using a functional USB cable and ensured that it is properly connected to both the STM32 Bluepill and my computer.

2. Installed the STM32 Virtual COM Port Driver: Following the guidelines provided by STMicroelectronics, I downloaded and installed the STM32 Virtual COM Port Driver corresponding to my operating system (Windows) and architecture (64-bit).

3. Checked the Device Manager (Windows): After installing the USB driver, I opened the Device Manager on my Windows computer to verify if the STM32 COM port is detected, but unfortunately, it is not appearing in the list of Ports (COM & LPT).

Despite these efforts, I am still unable to establish a connection between my STM32 Bluepill and my computer. I am seeking assistance from the community to help me identify the potential causes of this issue and find a suitable solution.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem with the STM32 Bluepill not being recognized as a COM port on Windows? If so, how did you resolve it? Are there any additional troubleshooting steps that I should follow to ensure successful communication between the STM32 Bluepill and my computer?

Note: on windows 11 OS  

Your guidance and expertise in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

The STM32F1 needs functional USB CDC device firmware on-board to work. This would likely come in the form of an Arduino loader of some sort, or something you explicitly built for the task.

The on-board ROM based System Loader can manifest as a "STM32 BOOT" type device with BOOT0=HIGH which would be a USB DFU Device.

Watch for boards with fake MCU's and without functioning 8 MHz crystal

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..