cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please inquire about the meaning of device marking.

smy.1
Associate

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDYo7QAG.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDYnOQAW.png 

When it is 93, it works normally, but when it is VC, it does not enter uart boot mode.

What's the difference?

7 REPLIES 7

It's where the wafer's were diffused, so maskset also.

Do you pull BOOT0 LOW in your design?

93 TSMC Taiwan Fab 3

Not familiar with VC, perhaps Crolles or one of the French plants, PCN not helpful

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000e2tEoSAI/does-anyone-have-a-cheat-sheet-to-tell-me-what-the-date-code-is-and-what-it-stands-for

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

yes i pull BOOT0 LOW in my design.

@Billy OWEN​ @Peter BENSCH​ @Heather ROBERTSON​ 

Could someone confirm if this is ST product? I don't find any reference to the VC fab code, or any related PCN. Can't say I've done a exhaustive search, but enough that something should have shaken loose.

Hi @Community member​ 

You know the drill, management needs items like this to be tracked and logged in our Support system to be looked into any deeper, for a variety of reasons.

Hi @shin my​ 

Please kindly take just a moment to open a support case directly at your myST profile: my.st.com/ols

Thanks,

Billy

>> it does not enter uart boot mode.

> yes i pull BOOT0 LOW in my design.

Shouldn't you be pulling BOOT0 *high* to enter bootloader?

And, also, BOOT1 low.

JW

I should should be able to find PCN without mining the internet and filing online-support requests.

Some of this material should be on ST's site, not things I have to dredge off Mouser and DigiKey, and other distributors.

I understand tracing needs more specific detail, but in broad terms I think Fab/Diffusion location, and package / test sites should be simple enough to explain / decode, especially in an environment where source country needs to be quickly / definitively established.