cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I am facing a issue to generate generate a external clock from MCU on MCO1 GPIO pin on STM32F769I Discovery board.

deepdarji
Associate

Here are the details on MCO1 pin configurations,

GPIO_InitStruct.Pin = LL_GPIO_PIN_8;

GPIO_InitStruct.Mode = LL_GPIO_MODE_ALTERNATE;

GPIO_InitStruct.Speed = LL_GPIO_SPEED_FREQ_HIGH;

GPIO_InitStruct.OutputType = LL_GPIO_OUTPUT_PUSHPULL;

GPIO_InitStruct.Pull = LL_GPIO_PULL_NO;

GPIO_InitStruct.Alternate = LL_GPIO_AF_0;

LL_GPIO_Init(GPIOA, &GPIO_InitStruct);

Below is MCO1 clock configuration:

LL_RCC_ConfigMCO(LL_RCC_MCO1SOURCE_HSE, LL_RCC_MCO1_DIV_5);

External HSE on STM32F769I-Disco board is of 25Mhz.

So expected signal on MCO1 (PA8) is smooth square wave with 5 MHz frequency.

but I am getting signal with variation in amplitude as shown in the attached Image file.

Please, do guide me if anything is missing in the configuration or attached waveform is expected and need to be handled outside for filtering a amplitude values.

Thank You,

Deep darji.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @deepdarji​, to the community!

I am essentially seeing a square wave signal on your screenshot. Of course, depending on your connection to the oscilloscope, you have overshoots and undershoots on the edges, which are caused by inductive and capacitive effects of the cables. You can also see that very nicely in the Wikipedia article on overshoots explaining the reasons and basics behind.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @deepdarji​, to the community!

I am essentially seeing a square wave signal on your screenshot. Of course, depending on your connection to the oscilloscope, you have overshoots and undershoots on the edges, which are caused by inductive and capacitive effects of the cables. You can also see that very nicely in the Wikipedia article on overshoots explaining the reasons and basics behind.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
deepdarji
Associate

Thank you for the response.