cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 Discovery board fails to connect as a standard mouse when connected to a PC

Robmar
Senior III

The STM32F4 Discovery board docs state that "When connected to a PC with a second USB Type-A to USB Type-C to Micro-B cable through CN5, the board is recognized as a standard mouse".

This is confusing, Type-A to Type-C to Micro-B, what can that mean?

Anyway, I connected the IDE interface USB CN1 to the PC, and I connect the CN5 micro-USB to the same PC, and it does not detect it as a mouse. The board has not been reprogrammed, its out of the box.

Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

11 REPLIES 11

Yes indeed, Windows 10 also detects the board is plugged in to the USB, tilting the board does illuminate the leds as it tilts, but the mouse does not move.

I have tried this on two new STM32F407VG Discovery boards out of the package, neither move the mouse.

External USB mouse with the laptop does work, so it looks like something is wrong with the STM code...

If the code would be faulty, it would not work on all my MB997B.

The mouse function only takes effect when you press the blue button once while the LEDs are flashing. When you press the blue button again, the game starts all over again.

Are you sure you pressed the blue button once?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.