cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FatFS / SD-Card operation on STM32H743 no longer working after Updating HAL Libraries from 1.3.0 to 1.8.0.

GS1
Senior III

Hi all,

I had an occasional issue on my project (STM32H743) which uses SD Cards (FatFs). In general the writing to multiple files was working perfectly, however after a while, writing to the SD card (when frequently interrupted by SPI-Receive-Interrupts) was stopped due to a locked state in the HAL routines.

I thought it would be a good idea to try if this issue was fixed in the latest version for the ST HAL drivers and updated my project from HAL-Version 1.3.0. to HAL Version 1.8.0 (using Cube-MX 6.0.1 migration function). Also FatFS was updated with this migration.

Now Fatfs is no longer working at all!  fMount returns with an error. 

I compared the sources and transferred all necessary initialisations to the converted project (ffconf.h, in stm32h7xx_hal_conf.h: "#define USE_SD_TRANSCEIVER    0U"), but it still refuses to accept the sd card.

Clock at the SD interface is 25 MHz (as set in the previously working environment).

Has anybody used SD Cards with FatFS on STM32H743 and succeeded to access files using HAL Version 1.8.0?

Any help very much appreciated!!!

0 REPLIES 0