Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFUse not reading device

marcoandarcia9
Associate II
Posted on April 10, 2012 at 15:29

Hi, 

I am working with an STM32F4, and I am trying to use the USB OTG capability to boot load the flash drive. I have successfully loaded the flash trough UART3 using Flash Loader Demonstrator. In order to start the boot sequence I set high the BOOT0 pin. However DFUse does not read my device, and I was wondering if anybody else has faced a similar issue, or if I am doing something wrong. 

Thanks in advance.

Marco.

#stm32-bootloader #dfuse #dfuse-v3.0.0 #usb-otg #dfu #stm32f2xx-dfuse-flash-loader
6 REPLIES 6
marcoandarcia9
Associate II
Posted on April 10, 2012 at 16:02

Ok, doing further research I found out that I need a driver, in order to use my STM32F4 in device mode. I was wondering if anybody knows where I can find this driver. 

Thanks. 

Marco.
marcoandarcia9
Associate II
Posted on April 10, 2012 at 21:28

Ok, so I decided to re-install DFUse Demo and went through the entire getting starting guide on the ST site. I ran the installer as specified on the guide, and tried to install the driver that is supposed to pop up when I connect my device. Well the ''Found new hardware wizard'' never poped-up, so I could install the driver. Then I decided to install the driver manually using the .inf file and .sys file, and got returned an error. Looking at the Readme file, it says that I could just paste the .sys file on c:\windows\system32\drivers and that would do the trick, BUT it did not, it still doesn't read my device.

If anybody has ran into the same problem I have please let me know. I would gladly appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Marco

Attachments :

DFUse_User_Manual.pdf : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HtUC&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000aQh%2FAbaNjATOtj2ozN0tk09nIFByoODFhG0FE2pfrxmZCh0&asPdf=false
Posted on April 11, 2012 at 18:42

What about V3.0.2 ?

http://www.st.com/internet/com/SOFTWARE_RESOURCES/SW_COMPONENT/SW_DEMO/um0412.zip

If none of this stuff is working, you perhaps need to pick up the phone and call your local ST rep or FAE. There seems to be a purposeful absence here on the board.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
patrickpatrick9
Associate
Posted on April 16, 2012 at 21:39

Used v3.0.2 and still not being recognized as a DFU device by windows.  Would be very interested if you were able to get this to work Marco.

harinath
Associate III
Posted on May 02, 2012 at 11:59

I have Olimex STM32-P103 Board which has STM32F103RBT6 micro. I'm trying to upload Virtual Com port code used in ST iNEMO v2 Board. I also installed the virtual com port (VCP) driver. My device also not recognized. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

marcoandarcia9
Associate II
Posted on May 30, 2012 at 17:48

hi Patrick

sorry for the late response, In order to have your device recognized by windows you must have the Boot 0 line set to high before you plug the ST device through USB, then con the Device manager of windows,you'll see the unknown device, right click and update drivers, find the .inf file that come with the package and it should be able to find the device.

I could not get the DfuSE  demo to work but the DFU Tester works, kind of. ... I finally decided to make my own app to flash my ST32 using their API, but that's another story

with the tester make sure you click create from map before erasing or it will not erase the entire flash.