cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

azure RTOS connectivity with Nucleo-h745zi-q?

Kk1
Associate II

I am working on a Nucleo-h745zi-q controller. I want to connect the stm32h7 board with Microsoft azure. I installed the package on stm32ide x-cube-azrtos-h7. But I did not know how I can connect to azure. What is the procedure for using this Rtos connectivity?

6 REPLIES 6
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Kk​ and welcome to the Community :)

I added the right topics to your question in order to increase its chance to be reviewed by our experts, and I would also suggest you adding more details to your post in order to help you. 

Maybe these links are useful for you:

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

@Kk​ sorry but what is question / issue here ? Please be a little be more explicit if expecting some help ...

Kk1
Associate II

I am working on stm32h745zit6 controller. I want to connect the stm32h7 board with microsoft azure. I installed the package on stm32ide x-cube-azrtos-h7.But i did not know how i can connect to cloud azure. Means i have to do login to microsoft azure? What is the procedure for accessing the microsoft azure. Can you help me?

Guillaume K
ST Employee

Hello,

The x-cube-azrtos-h7 package provides Azure RTOS support and NetX Duo network stack support on STM32H7. There is no specific support for Azure Cloud in this package. As you have Azure RTOS and network support on STM32H7 I guess you can just use Microsoft's examples and support for Azure IoT Cloud on their web site and github.

Guillaume K
ST Employee

if you are using stm32h745zit6 , I don't see it in x-cube-azrtos-h7 package. So what kind of board are you using ? what network interface does it have ? ethernet ?

To be able to connect to Azure Cloud you need Azure RTOS and TCP/IP stack (NetX). If the network interface is not the same as the one supported in x-cube-AZRTOS-h7 you will have to implement in NetX Duo the network driver for it.

for MS Azure Cloud SDKs see https://github.com/Azure/azure-iot-sdks , especially Azure IoT SDK for embedded C

• Azure IoT SDK for Embedded C is an alternative for constrained devices which enables the BYO (bring your own) network approach: IoT developers have the freedom of choice to bring MQTT client, TLS and Socket of their choice to create a device solution
  • Azure IoT SDK for C written in ANSI C (C99) for portability and broad platform compatibility. There are two device client libraries for C, the low-level iothub_ll_client and the iothub_client (threaded).