cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there some kind of wiring diagram that shows how to connect the ST-LINK V3 mini and V3 probe to some STM32 board? I really need an example, not just saying it is the STDC14 connector.

CarlsbadJerry
Associate II

I want to use the Virtual Com port and also do debugging. The fact that the STDC14 handles three protocols JTAG/SWD and VCP doesn't really tell me which pin would go where on some example STM32 board. For example, if I broke off the ST-Link V2 part from a Nucleo64 board, What pins should I use to then connect the ST-Link V3 mini?

4 REPLIES 4
CarlsbadJerry
Associate II

Thanks for answering Clive. That is interesting, but not really what I am looking for. That looks like some detail of what pins on the edge of the V3 mini go to the embedded STM32F23. Right?

And certainly, I have looked at the User Manual for the V3 before I did the post, and I see the STDC14 connector and it's pinout, but that still doesn't tell me exactly how to connect those pins on the connector to an STM32 board. I really mean I would like to know the detail of what pin on the STDC14 connector goes to what pin on the STM32 that I want to connect to. There a plenty of examples around for the V2 and for debuggers like the Atmel ICE, but not for the V3.

Sorry, I am pretty new at trying to hook up programmer/debuggers, except for a V2 Stlink or USB/ASP ones. I just need more detail.

Regards,

Jerry

Ok, it's not that complicated

On STM32's you have

PA13 = SWDIO

PA14 = SWCLK

PB3 = SWO

NRST/NRESET

T_VCC is the Target's VCC

have a common GND

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
CarlsbadJerry
Associate II

Wow! and just those will give you debugging and Virtual Com port? Is that the same as the V2 connections, so you could use either on the same STM32 board?

I do appreciate the help.

-Jerry