cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error :- "Insufficient disk space on current disk. Insert another disk and type <Return> to continue..."

ARAMP
Associate II

I got this error while uploading the code and I tried using ST-link utility to erase the memory but no success. How do I troubleshoot it ? :unamused_face: Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Call your local IT guy?

Check what you have defined for the TMP or TEMP environment variable.

Check the free space on the hard drive(s) used.

Check for excessive log files in \windows\logs\cbs, especially Windows 7

Do Disc Cleanup on primary drive(s) via drive properties tab.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ARAMP
Associate II

But sir I am talking about STM32F401RE microcontroller board. I was uploading the code to stm32f4 board using Arduino IDE. Then I got this error. "Insufficient disk space on current disk. Insert another disk and type <Return> to continue..." below in comment section. Earlier it was working fine. Also I tried to erase the memory of stm32f4 board using ST-link utility, but it couldn't connect the target. When I checked with another stm32 board I was able to erase the memory.

So, are you talking about the same or you misunderstood my question? Maybe I was unable to clear the things.

Your question lacked contextual detail, like this came from the Arduino IDE, and it was loading onto a NUCLEO-F401RE board. I'm a savant, not a psychic.

Ok, so likely an error from your IDE, because the MBED mass-storage device had some kind of issue with the board, or the .BIN you were trying to copy there.

Check you have most current firmware on your NUCLEO's ST-LINK, and perhaps converse with the people responsible for supporting the Arduino IDE?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ARAMP
Associate II

Yeah I am trying, I've asked question in arduino forum.

suvaline
Associate

Got same error message with Nucleo-G431:

1. Disconnected the Nucleo board from rest of the circuit - upload worked fine.

2. Found a subtle overload from circuit, corrected it, now OK.