cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot0 Tied to SWCLK on STM32G0B1KET6 MCU

DSopp.1
Associate

Hello,

I am making the connections for programming the STM32G0B1KET6 in hardware and came across the boot0 pin sharing the same connection as the SWCLK for serial wire debug (I am using the 32 pin version of this mcu).

Just to confirm to program the MCU via SWD I need to tie the boot0 to ground to boot from user flash, therefore the SWCLK will also be pulled down also. The SWDIO and SWCLK should be pulled up to 3V3 according to the following image for arm cortex processors:

0693W00000WIxFxQAL.pngThe datasheet does not talk about any detail about boot0 being shared with SWCLK, and I want to ensure that I can program the MCU. I have SWDIO and nSRST pulled up and SWCLK pulled down.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
RomainR.
ST Employee

Hello DSopp.1 (Community Member)

Boot0 pin is used to configure boot memory area or bootloader, it can be also depend of nBOOT0 and nBOOT0 user option bytes.

You can refer to RM0444 Rev5 section 2.5 Boot configuration Table 8.

When using SWD for programming, the SW-DP pins embed internal pull-up and pull-down resistors,

This is explained in the same RM0444 section 40.3.3 and you do not need to force Boot0 pin during programming.

If your hardware needs BOOT0 pin to boot in a specific memory area, you can use a jumper to select SWD programming or Boot as in the STM32G081B-EVAL board below:

0693W00000WJF0RQAX.pngBR

Romain

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.