cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I get the data on my Tag

Titus Schauer
Associate II

Hi im using the ST25R3911b and the RFAL lib.

With what expression can i see the Data on my Tag ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Titus,

yes you can use RFAL for ST25R3911B but I would rather recommend to use ST25 embedded NFC library which contains ready to use demos on top of the RFAL, in particular the "polling" demo. The polling demo polls for the various tags technologies and if a NFC-V tag is found, it reads the 1st block of memory (see demoNfcv in demo_polling.c) using rfalNfcvPollerReadSingleBlock API.

If you have already built your application on top of the RFAL for ST25R3911B package, you can simply have a look on the demoNfcv from the ST25 embedded NFC library to see how to use rfalNfcvPollerReadSingleBlock and then cherry pick this into your application.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Titus,

which model of tag do you plan to use? Which kind of data do you plan to retrieve from your tag: NDEF Message or proprietary data?

If you plan to use NDEF message on the tag, you can use the NEF library. See ST25 embedded NFC library.

If you plan to read proprietary data, you'll have to use the various API according to the tag technology being used (e.g. rfalNfcvPollerReadSingleBlock to read a block from T5T tag, rfalT2TPollerRead to read a block from a T2T tag etc.)

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Titus Schauer
Associate II

I want to use a NFC-V Tag.

Cant i use https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stsw-st25rfal001.html for reading ?

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Titus,

yes you can use RFAL for ST25R3911B but I would rather recommend to use ST25 embedded NFC library which contains ready to use demos on top of the RFAL, in particular the "polling" demo. The polling demo polls for the various tags technologies and if a NFC-V tag is found, it reads the 1st block of memory (see demoNfcv in demo_polling.c) using rfalNfcvPollerReadSingleBlock API.

If you have already built your application on top of the RFAL for ST25R3911B package, you can simply have a look on the demoNfcv from the ST25 embedded NFC library to see how to use rfalNfcvPollerReadSingleBlock and then cherry pick this into your application.

Rgds

BT