cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID reader for STEVAL-SMARTAG1

JLiew.1162
Associate II

Hello,

I am curious if there is a RFID reader that extends the communication distance for STEVAL-SMARTAG1. If so, could you kindly provide the link and description.

Thanks in advance,

J.X

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Berenice BENVEGUDA
ST Employee

​Hello,

First of all, thanks for your interest in ST smartag product !

If the communication distance reached with ST NFC HF readers is not sufficient for your application you can have a look  at FEIG readers such as LR1002 for example

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

BB

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Berenice BENVEGUDA
ST Employee

​Hello,

First of all, thanks for your interest in ST smartag product !

If the communication distance reached with ST NFC HF readers is not sufficient for your application you can have a look  at FEIG readers such as LR1002 for example

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

BB

JSant.5
Associate

Dear, I have got in touch with FEIG and they told me that none of their products can handle the STEVAL-SMARTAG1 protocol. Could you please recommend another company? see below the message from FEIG.Good afternoon,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your request and we a the distributor of FEIG Electronic will inform you.

I looked at the specifications of this tag and this one does not support the protocols the FEIG readers support. The FEIG readers support ISO14443, ISO15693 (HF) and GEN 2 (UHF) so in this case they are not able to read the tag. 

Met vriendelijke groeten, Best regards,

Arnold Zweep

Inside sales

Duranmatic B.V. - Auto-ID

+31 (0)78 65 31 872 - auto-id@duranmatic.nl

Hi JSant.5,

I can only imagine a misunderstanding here:

STEVAL-SMARTAG1 uses ST25DV. ST25DV is an ISO15693/NFC-V tag so supported by the Feig reader.

Regards, Ulysses

Dear Ulysses,

OK many thanks for the information, I will then contact them again, probably indeed there was a misunderstanding.

Regards,

Juan