cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prototyping - how to attach NFC ST Chip to silver nanoparticle printed antenna

New2NFC
Associate

Hey All,

I'm looking to bootstrap a custom NFC antenna and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for how to attach a ST NFC chip to a silver nanoparticle printed antenna using a laser jet (with this ink).  Someone suggested using conductive epoxy (like this), but I wanted to post here to see what folks thought.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Henry Crane
ST Employee

hello,

for bumped dies flip chip assembly, conductive or non conductive ink are commonly used by inlay manufacturers. This process requires special machine to apply glue, position the die on the antenna pads with a given pressure and cure the glue.

For packaged dies more common non conductive or conductive glues can be used. the reference you propose may work, but conductivity and mechanical properties of such hobbyist material seems not to be reliable. 

Should work for few handmade prototypes.

best regards,

Henry Crane RFID/NFC support team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Henry Crane
ST Employee

hello,

for bumped dies flip chip assembly, conductive or non conductive ink are commonly used by inlay manufacturers. This process requires special machine to apply glue, position the die on the antenna pads with a given pressure and cure the glue.

For packaged dies more common non conductive or conductive glues can be used. the reference you propose may work, but conductivity and mechanical properties of such hobbyist material seems not to be reliable. 

Should work for few handmade prototypes.

best regards,

Henry Crane RFID/NFC support team