cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

projects in en.x-cube-nfc3.zip doesn't compile

PDe P.1
Associate II

I downloaded the software pack en.x-cube-nfc3.zip for the nucleo NFC-03A1.

I tried to import the demo STM32F401RE_NUCLEO_PollingTagDetectNdef.

If I do a normal import into workspace, the imported project contains only link to non existing files.

I can import the projet only if I select Import AC6 System ...

In this case, the compiler aborts with this message: arm-none-eabi-gcc "C:/ws/STM32CubeExpansion_NFC3_V2.1.0/Middlewares/ST/rfal/Src/rfal_analogConfig.c" -mcpu=cortex-m4 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32F401xx -DSTM32F401xE -DUSE_LOGGER -DST25R95 -c -I../../../Inc -I../../../../../../../Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../../../../../../../Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -I../../../../../../../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F4xx/Include -I../../../../../../../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../../../../../../../Drivers/BSP/Components/ST25R95/ -I../../../../../../../Drivers/BSP/STM32F4xx-Nucleo -I../../../../../../../Middlewares/ST/rfal/Inc -I../../../../../../../Middlewares/ST/ndef/Inc/message -I../../../../../../../Middlewares/ST/ndef/Inc/poller -Os -ffunction-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"Middlewares/ST/RFAL/rfal_analogConfig.d" -MT"Middlewares/ST/RFAL/rfal_analogConfig.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Middlewares/ST/RFAL/rfal_analogConfig.o"

In file included from ../../../../../../../Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32f4xx_hal_rcc.h:29:0,

from ../../../Inc/stm32f4xx_hal_conf.h:234,

from ../../../../../../../Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32f4xx_hal.h:30,

from ../../../Inc/platform.h:59,

from ../../../../../../../Middlewares/ST/rfal/Inc/rfal_analogConfig.h:57,

from C:/ws/STM32CubeExpansion_NFC3_V2.1.0/Middlewares/ST/rfal/Src/rfal_analogConfig.c:42:

../../../../../../../Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32f4xx_hal_def.h:30:10: fatal error: stm32f4xx.h: No such file or directory

#include "stm32f4xx.h"

The stm32f4xx.h is not present in the zip.

Can you give me an working projet?

Best regards,

PDP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PDe P.1
Associate II

Hi Brian,

Thansk for your support.

I downloaded the the third time this archive: https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcu-mpu-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-expansion-packages/x-cube-nfc3.html

The archive has no difference with others.

This archive, with 7 zip, contains a size of 25 022 540 bytes (compressed), 103 folders, 1179 files, CRC is 99E8ABF3

If I extract with windows 10 shell the folder STM32CubeExpansion_NFC3_V2.1.0\Drivers\CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32F4xx\Include forlder is empty.

With 7 zip, the same folder is not empty; double click on .cproject and the project is imported correctly and compile.

This archive is not compatible with windows 10 shell. Thanks microsoft.

Best regards,

Pietro De Ponte

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

the X-CUBE-NFC3 package supports the three following environments (see UM2045):

• IAR embedded workbench for Arm (EWARM) toolchain
  • Keil microcontroller development kit (MDK-ARM) toolchain
  • Integrated development environment for STM32 (STM32CubeIDE)

The project files are not compatible nor with System workbench for STM32 nor with Atollic True Studio.

Which IDE do you use on your side?

On my side, I simply double- click on the .cproject and this imports the STM32F401RE_NUCLEO_PollingTagDetectNdef into the STM32CubeIDE workspace. Then I can build the project without any issue.

For your information, the file stm32f4xx.h is inside the package (see STM32CubeExpansion_NFC3_V2.1.0\Drivers\CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32F4xx\Include).

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
PDe P.1
Associate II

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your support.

I'm using STM32CubeIDE 1.4.0

The STM32CubeExpansion_NFC3_V2.1.0\Drivers\CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32F4xx\Include forlder is empty.

0693W000004Gg72QAC.png

On my side a double click on .cproject import a projet that not compile.

0693W000004GgBnQAK.png

I corrected all missing path, I added manually stm32f4xx.h from an emplty cubemx projet.

The compiler stops with others missings files, as timer.h and st_errno.h

Can you give me a complete STM32CubeExpansion_NFC3_V2.1.0? the zip on your site is broken.

I downloaded a second time and STM32CubeExpansion_NFC3_V2.1.0\Drivers\CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32F4xx\Include forlder is still empty.

Best regards,

Pietro De Ponte

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi

on my side, for the tests I've done yesterday, I've used the zip from st.com and the zip is correct. Same today.

Can you confirm your zip file has

• a size of 25 401 832 bytes
  • 104 folders
  • 1179 files
  • CRC 99E8ABF3 ?

Which zip tool do you use? Can you try with another zip tool to unzip the package?

I suspect an issue when you unzip as it seems that many include files are missing on your side.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
PDe P.1
Associate II

Hi Brian,

Thansk for your support.

I downloaded the the third time this archive: https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcu-mpu-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-expansion-packages/x-cube-nfc3.html

The archive has no difference with others.

This archive, with 7 zip, contains a size of 25 022 540 bytes (compressed), 103 folders, 1179 files, CRC is 99E8ABF3

If I extract with windows 10 shell the folder STM32CubeExpansion_NFC3_V2.1.0\Drivers\CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32F4xx\Include forlder is empty.

With 7 zip, the same folder is not empty; double click on .cproject and the project is imported correctly and compile.

This archive is not compatible with windows 10 shell. Thanks microsoft.

Best regards,

Pietro De Ponte

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Maybe latest Service Packs of Win10 will solve this issue.

Rgds

BT