cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC app to read/write ST25DV04KC memory using generic ISO15693 USB reader

BenMack99
Associate III

Is there a Windows PC app that can read/write ST25DV04KC memory using a generic ISO15693 USB reader such as the Omnikey 5022?

I've tried wakdev nfctools, it can see the tag but can't read memory. ST25PC-NFC uses an expensive Feig reader, I'm looking for a low cost solution for our field engineers.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Ben,

the ST25PC-NFC is mainly intended for ST25 Readers.

For Field Engineers, may I suggest to use Android Phone with the ST25 Tap App ? You just need an NFC-enabled Android Phone.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

the ST25PC-NFC supports ST25R3916-DISCO, ST25R3911B-DISCO, and the  RF transceiver board based on CR95HF from the M24LR-DISCOVERY.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
BenMack99
Associate III

Hi Brian, thanks for your reply, much appreciated

I have a ST25R3911B-DISCO, just had a play with the ST25PC-NFC app and it works very nicely.

However this "naked" board isn't suitable for our field engineers, I was hoping to find something that worked with a housed USB reader.

If that dosn't exist, then we'll have to mount these DISCO boards in suitable housings. I was just hoping for an off-the-shelf solution

Cheers, Ben

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Ben,

the ST25PC-NFC is mainly intended for ST25 Readers.

For Field Engineers, may I suggest to use Android Phone with the ST25 Tap App ? You just need an NFC-enabled Android Phone.

Rgds

BT

BenMack99
Associate III

Thanks Brian, makes sense. I've been playing with the android app. We were hoping for a simple PC based solution, but the android app should do the job

Thanks again for your help, Ben