cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Near Field Communication antennas on both sides of X-NUCLEO-NFC02A1

RMadu.1
Associate

Can you explain why there are Near Field Communication antennas on both sides of this device? I'm designing Circuit for M24LR04E-R6MNT/2 I would like to follow the circuit diagram of X-NUCLEO-NFC02A1. But there are both side antennas. It would be very helpful if you could explain why they are available on both sides. It is very helpful if you can send me the both top and bottom assembly views of that.(optional)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome,@RMadu.1​, to the community!

You need a certain number of turns for a given inductance of the antenna. If you want to fit these into the smallest possible space, you can either make the windings (traces) and their distances narrower, or distribute the windings over two sides of the board. However, the first variant has several disadvantages, e.g. the larger parasitic capacity between the windings, which is why the second variant was chosen here.

You will find the top and bottom assembly views using the GERBER files and an suitable GERBER viewer.

Does it answer your questions?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome,@RMadu.1​, to the community!

You need a certain number of turns for a given inductance of the antenna. If you want to fit these into the smallest possible space, you can either make the windings (traces) and their distances narrower, or distribute the windings over two sides of the board. However, the first variant has several disadvantages, e.g. the larger parasitic capacity between the windings, which is why the second variant was chosen here.

You will find the top and bottom assembly views using the GERBER files and an suitable GERBER viewer.

Does it answer your questions?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.