cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M24LR16E-R what different IC ref. 4E to 4C ?

burakcolak
Associate II

Hi,

I have M24LR16E-R product. I am reading UID and I see the IC ref product version 4Ch I was reading the IC ref value as 4Eh in the old versions I have. Looking at the ST documentation, I noticed that the value should be 4Eh. So is there any difference between eeproms with different 4Ch and 4Eh IC ref product numbers, and if so what is it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Berenice BENVEGUDA
ST Employee

Hello,

First of all, thanks a lot for your interest in ST25 products.

Then, you have to know that the IC Ref for this product is indeed 4Eh and you should get it as response of GetSystemInfo command.

In the UID, there is a field called product code which does not reflect exactly the ICRef : it could be 4Ch, 4Dh or 4Eh (depending on an old UID algorithm calculation).

I hope this answers your question,

Best Regards,

BB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

First of all, let me point out that the M24LR16E-R are already on NRND (Not Recommended for New Design), so they can be discontinued at any time.

In the data sheet, in the revision history, you will find the additional note that the IC ref data was updated from 4Fh to 4Eh in 2011; otherwise, this change had no effect on the technical parameters.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Berenice BENVEGUDA
ST Employee

Hello,

First of all, thanks a lot for your interest in ST25 products.

Then, you have to know that the IC Ref for this product is indeed 4Eh and you should get it as response of GetSystemInfo command.

In the UID, there is a field called product code which does not reflect exactly the ICRef : it could be 4Ch, 4Dh or 4Eh (depending on an old UID algorithm calculation).

I hope this answers your question,

Best Regards,

BB

burakcolak
Associate II

Thanks for feedback.