cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use READ/WRITE operation using the data/value blocks with M24SR64-Y??

OElzi
Associate

READ/WRITE operation using the data/value blocks will require a manual key load to the smart card reader and then use that key to authenticate a certain sector or block based on the usage of the developed code.

Is there authenticate and load keys functions supported by this device?

i am using M24SR64-Y

SDK NFC1 version 1.8

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JP Miller
Senior

Dear Customer,

M24SR does not offer directly commands to load keys and then perform authentication.

Combining M24SR with a secured MCU can help you implement your use case. We have developed such use case on one of our Type 5 dynamic tags, ST25DV-I2C, and the firmware and board are available on demand.

Please contact your local ST Sales office so that we can best address your demand.​

Have a good day.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JP Miller
Senior

Dear customer,

M24SR64-Y offers 2 128-bit passwords ​(1 for read and 1 for write) to protect the NDEF file/data contained in the tag. As this password is only known by the M24SR64-Y and the Reader, it helps securing the communication between the reader that is aware of the password and the tag itself. Our SDK supports this operation.

We have other features and/or products which might be better suited depending on what you would like to achieve. Would it be possible to explain in more details what you would like to achieve?

Have a great day.

Regards

OElzi
Associate

hello

thanks for your reply, our current solution relies on reading raw binary data from the card, without using NDEF implementation. The card does not use the default key for authentication, and in order to do so we will need to load the correct key and use it to authenticate the target block or sector. So we went through the documentation and code comments inside both lib_m24sr.c and h files, and we failed to get the appropriate APDU for

• Loading a key
  • Authenticate using a key

we found the APDUs required for the binary read and write b0 and d0, but we cant use it since we cant authenticate the card so far.

and by key i mean the 6bytes key instead of the NDEF password.

the data is saved as binary on the card and mapped to certain blocks without the use of NDEF.

Regards

JP Miller
Senior

Dear Customer,

M24SR does not offer directly commands to load keys and then perform authentication.

Combining M24SR with a secured MCU can help you implement your use case. We have developed such use case on one of our Type 5 dynamic tags, ST25DV-I2C, and the firmware and board are available on demand.

Please contact your local ST Sales office so that we can best address your demand.​

Have a good day.

Regards,