cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ST NFC readers have an emulation mode to behave like a tag?

DS.4
Senior II

Hi,

I am interested in a device that can do both, read and be read.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

Card Emulation mode is supported in both ST25R3916 and ST25R95 devices. The recommended device is ST25R3916. Full demo code for ST25R3916 is available in the ST25 Embedded NFC library.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

Card Emulation mode is supported in both ST25R3916 and ST25R95 devices. The recommended device is ST25R3916. Full demo code for ST25R3916 is available in the ST25 Embedded NFC library.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
DS.4
Senior II

Thanks,

And does the ST25DV04K have the capability to read other tags?

Hi

See https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001GkghTSAR/is-it-possible-rf-communication-among-2-hardware- for a comprehensive answer why this is not possible to communicate between 2 tags.

Rgds

BT

DS.4
Senior II

Thanks!

DS.4
Senior II

I saw the application, but we want to integrate in our own GUI.

Is there a .dll for that?

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

can you provide some information about your use case? Can you elaborate on what you want to integrate with your own GUI?

Rgds

BT

DS.4
Senior II

Communicate from a PC to your reader-tag. Basically sending/receiving some data.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

sending/receiving data when in reader mode is something standard. Can you elaborate on your use case when in Card Emulation mode i.e. do you want to modify the content of the emulated tag, do you want to be notified when the content is read by an external reader, etc.

Rgds

BT

DS.4
Senior II

Writing to the emulated tag over NFC is a requirements.

Can the reader in Card Emulation perform read/write data as well? or is it restricted to tag capabilities of responding to requests only?

What I would like to know if we can somehow hold 'independent' communication between two paired readers, when one side is writing data to the other side, and the last writing data back as a response to it.