cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple of STEVAL-ISV006V2 series/ parallel configuration to charge 6S LiPo battery

Md.1
Associate

Hi support team and community,

In my application, I want to charge 6S Lipo battery using array PV cells and stv 1040 seems to be great choice.

I have 4 PV cells in series forming a pv module and I have 9 such PV modules in parallel.

specs:

My pv module: 4 PV cells in series, observed VOC: 2.5V, ISC 0.89A

I have 9 such PV modules in parallel, I can get vout from each of module independently.

I came across an3319 application document showing spv1040 series and parallel configuration.

I would like to know if It's ok to connect multiple(at least 6) STEVAL-ISV006V2 modules in series to obtain (4.2*6 V) to charge Lipo batteries. If yes, what moduification do I need ? ( changing resistors, caps, or any modifications to ref voltages given to pins)

Also, would it be possible to connect output of STEVAL-ISV006V2 series/ parallel configuration to DC DC boost convertor (if above option of connecting directly to 6S battery), So I can use STEVAL-ISV006V2 module to optimize(MPPT based) power out from every pv module in first stage and use output of it to dc dc boost convertor in second stage to charge my lipo charging circuit. If it's possible, what changes would you suggest in eval board.

Thanks in advance,

0 REPLIES 0