cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I enable spv1050 ldo's

FYUCE
Associate

I have an eval board steval-isv019v1. It is for boost config of spv1050. ​I connected pv yo pv input connector, a li-po battery to battery output and a 22kohm load to ldo output. I measure pv input voltage as 1.5 volts, store voltage as 3.92 volts and ldo_en pin voltage as about same as store voltage. But ldo outputs are 0 volts. How can I enable ldo's. Do I need any thing else? Whats wrong with my eval board?

2 REPLIES 2
SLesh.1
Associate III

I have the same problem. I have made my own board. LDO_EN connected to STORE line via 10k resistor. Solar buttery is connected, STORE has nearly 4,15 V, but LDO - zero... What can be wrong? Does LDO_EN(1,2) lines have internal pull up? How can I use LDO?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Please check the logic level of LDO1_EN and/or LDO2_EN acording to the datasheet of SPV1050. At page 12 of the current revision 5 you will find the minimum input voltages of these enable pins.

The STEVAL-ISV019V1 uses two jumpers SW1/SW2 to set these pins. To enable the LDO the pins LDO1_EN/LDO2_EN need to set to 1, i.e. the respective jumpers between pin3-pin2, while pin1 is at the side of the ST logo, where you also find the white text "SW1" or "SW2" of the silkscreen. The default setting should be between pin3-pin4, which disables both LDO.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.