cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I use the STSPIN820 to drive the stepper motor.There are three issues about the STSPIN820.

Mchen.2
Associate

1. Is the value of the current in coil A or coil B still IREF*sin( 90° *n/4 ) or IREF*cos( 90° *n/4 )

after the pluse on the step clock pin (STCK) dont trigger any more?

2. Is the torque still keeping after the pluse on the step clock pin (STCK) dont trigger any more?

3. Must I force the EN pin low after the pluse on the step clock pin (STCK) dont trigger any more?

0693W00000ANjFCQA1.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dario CUCCHI
ST Employee

Hi @Mchen.2​  and welcome to the ST Community !

1. When the pulses on STCK are stopped, the present values of current on both motor’s phases are kept: the motor hold the position on that specific microstep.
  2. Yes the torque is kept, because the current  is still present
  3. You have to force the EN pin low only if you want to disable the power stage. In other words:
  • to release the torque on the motor (coasting) set EN = 0
    • to keep the position, with a holding torque, leave EN = 1

Did my post answer to your question ?

If so, please consider to mark it as “Best Answer�? by clicking the label “Select as Best�? here below.

Otherwise feel free to ask other clarifications.

Have a nice day !

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dario CUCCHI
ST Employee

Hi @Mchen.2​  and welcome to the ST Community !

1. When the pulses on STCK are stopped, the present values of current on both motor’s phases are kept: the motor hold the position on that specific microstep.
  2. Yes the torque is kept, because the current  is still present
  3. You have to force the EN pin low only if you want to disable the power stage. In other words:
  • to release the torque on the motor (coasting) set EN = 0
    • to keep the position, with a holding torque, leave EN = 1

Did my post answer to your question ?

If so, please consider to mark it as “Best Answer�? by clicking the label “Select as Best�? here below.

Otherwise feel free to ask other clarifications.

Have a nice day !