cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuel Gauge for 2s1p 7.2V

DA24
Visitor

Dear Experts 

I am using 2s1p  PA-LNB76-C17UL.4.1.R001 battery, Panasonic NCR18650BF battery for my new application. 

Output Voltage - 7.2V

Current - 3350mAh

I would like to know a compatible fuel gauge IC for it. Please pour your suggestions.

Kind Regards

DA

2 REPLIES 2
unsigned_char_array
Senior III

Is there a balancing circuit? With a single cell it's easier as charging and discharging current only comes from the load and the charger. But when you have multiple cells there can be a balancing circuit which can affect the fuel gauge as some charge current is drained away.
There are tons of different fuel gauge ICs. Some are just dumb integrators (coulomb counter) that require your MCU to use an algorithm to convert it into a charge percentage. Others have a build in algorithm that estimate battery impedance and state of health using dynamic behavior of the battery voltage and optionally takes cell temperature into account.
Any fuel gauge IC that can work with your battery chemistry, voltage and current should work. You can do parametric searches.

Kudo posts if you have the same problem and kudo replies if the solution works.
Click "Accept as Solution" if a reply solved your problem. If no solution was posted please answer with your own.

Thanks, Some fuel gauges has multi cell option with resister divider network. Ideally looking for something like MAX17263 in ST, the challenge with that IC is it requires a custom characterisation which would include some NRE costs to it.

I would like to know if there is any similar or alternate solution with ST.

Kind Regards