cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVSPIN32G4 driver board bootstrap capacitors value is 25 V and supply voltage maximum value is higher than it. If I supply with 48 V this eval board, could be any problem?

Ouygu.1
Associate II

0693W00000DnCSbQAN.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The voltage at VCC does not depend on the motor voltage, but should be set according to the parameters (required/max gate voltage) of the power transistors driving the motor. The EVSPIN32G4 uses STL110N10F7 with an absolute maximum gate voltage of 20V, i.e. the setting of VCC to 10V should be ok.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Ouygu.1​, to the community!

The bootstrap capacitors are powered by VCC, the maximum voltage of which is 20V, so 25V for the bootstrap caps is fine.

You are talking about the motor voltage VM, which can be up to 75V (recommended operating value), the EVSPIN32G therefore uses capacitors with 100V (C31...C33).

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Ouygu.1
Associate II

Does the vcc voltage have to be the same to drive 12 volt and 60 volt motors? Should the vcc value be changed?

@Peter BENSCH​ 

The voltage at VCC does not depend on the motor voltage, but should be set according to the parameters (required/max gate voltage) of the power transistors driving the motor. The EVSPIN32G4 uses STL110N10F7 with an absolute maximum gate voltage of 20V, i.e. the setting of VCC to 10V should be ok.

Regards

/Peter