cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor TIle Box PRO have to send acc,gyro,mag and quaternions via BLE

Claud_IAC
Associate

Hello,

I've been working on editing in expert Mode the MEMS Sensor Fusion function, and I've added to the Bluetooth streaming also the USB streaming. In this way thank to Tera Term I'm able to read not only quaternions but also accelerometer, gyroscope, and magnetometer measurements. Instead via Bluetooth I can only view quaternions. 

My ultimate goal is to transmit all three measurements (acceleration, gyroscope, magnetometer) as well as the precomputed quaternions via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy). This data have to reach a mobile app. Could someone please provide guidance on how to achieve this?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Best regards, Claudio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Claud_IAC ,

Welcome to ST Community!

Now it is not possible to send the sensor fusion characteristic and the motion characteristic together. I can ask if this feature will be added in one of the next firmware updates. Meanwhile, you can use the PRO mode, starting from the STBOX1 Function Pack (BLESensors project) and adding the sensor fusion library or even using the embedded Sensor Fusion of the LSM6DSV16X.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Claud_IAC ,

Welcome to ST Community!

Now it is not possible to send the sensor fusion characteristic and the motion characteristic together. I can ask if this feature will be added in one of the next firmware updates. Meanwhile, you can use the PRO mode, starting from the STBOX1 Function Pack (BLESensors project) and adding the sensor fusion library or even using the embedded Sensor Fusion of the LSM6DSV16X.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Claud_IAC
Associate

Thanks for the welcome and for the reply Federica!
I think a firmware like that could be very usefull for developers. 

However, I kindly ask you to keep me updated via this topic for any firmware upgrade about this feature.
Another question: could the issue be simpler with another type of solution instead of the Sensor Tile box PRO? 

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Best regards, Claudio

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Claud_IAC ,

The next fw version will be available in november, I will let you know.

If you want to use a solution where you can program the board via the ST BLE Sensor app or something like that, the Sensortile.boxPRO is the way to go. The only alternative I can think of is the PRO mode of the sensortile.boxPRO, this way you could have the complete control over the firmware, but the level of expertise needed is higher. If you want to try, you can take a look at this video 🙂

Hello,

Is there a new version where you can stream both options at the same time?

Also, could you provide a reference to a python script that can read data over the BLE connection and transmit data at a given ODR?

Thanks in advance!