cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN LIS2DS12 MEMS digital output motion sensor, Can it use for precise Inclinometer?

RYoun.1
Associate II

My main concern is to make a three-axis inclinometer using LIS2DS12.

Measurement range +/-10Deg 3Axis, output is 0-5Vdc and RS485 simultaneous output.

Is it possible?

Your early reply would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
raptorhal2
Lead

Yes, it is possible. Any motion other than rotation will corrupt the result. It's power requirement is 1.62V to 1.98V and its output is I2C/SPI.

Cheers, Hal

RYoun.1
Associate II

Thanks for prompt reply.

I am not sure rotation movement. Will it be correct working sine curve with direction pitch/roll/yaw?

As far as I know model II3DHHC IIS21CLX are inclinometer purpose however it is unexpected when i t deliver.

Could you advise me suitable and available inclinometer model part number?

Range +/-10Deg Dual or Three axis,

Thank you!

raptorhal2
Lead

In effect you are asking for an education in trigonometry and a guess as to your accuracy requirements.

The II3DHHC is available from Digikey as evaluation board STEVAL-MKI216V1K.

Cheers, Hal

RYoun.1
Associate II

Asking the technicians is to know the contents of your own experience.

Currently, the designated inclinometer model is not supplied well or the possibility of future supply is unstable, so we would like to make a commercial product using a universal chip.

If the motion speed of the accelerometer is lowered, the angle will be understood, but I think it would be better if you could provide test data on accuracy, resolution, and drift value per temperature in the actual narrow range.

Ambiguous answers like yours do not help technical decisions

raptorhal2
Lead

For any information not in the data sheet, including future supply, contact the manufacturer's representative.

Cheers, Hal