cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M41T62 does not increment time

SSaha.1
Associate III

I tried using an M41T62 with Arduino and them STM32L476RG via Arduino IDE and Mbed. For both cases, I noticed that the chip fails to update time after setting the time.

I noticed that when i touch the oscillator inputs, the time starts updating. I know why this is happening and the solution would be to connect an external 32 KHz oscillator to the osc pins, however, I want to use the internal oscillator.

Can someone provide me an Arduino or Mbed code to activate the internal oscillator?

3 REPLIES 3
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @SSaha.1​ ,

just to be sure I understood, do you want to activate the internal oscillator of the STM32L476RG?

In this case the easiest way is to use STM32CubeMX to generate the code and copy/paste the section you need into your own code.

do you think this can work for you?

SSaha.1
Associate III

No. I can activate the internal oscillator of STM32. That's not the issue. I am talking about the internal oscillator of M41T62 RTC IC.

The M41T62 does not directly provide the 32kHz oscillator, but you can get the square wave at the SQW pin by setting the SQWE bit to 1 (reg 0Ah, bit 6)

are you using the  3 x 3 mm 16 pin package or the 1.5 x 3.2 mm LCC with embedded crystal one?