cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM9DS1 with linux kernel 6.1.46

Angel1
Associate II

Hello,

We have been using the LSM9DS1 in our own design with Linux kernel 4.19.x by adding drivers from ST github, and using the iio_generic_buffer tool to read values.
Now we are upgrading to linux kernel 6.1.46 and I have checked that the drivers are included in the "drivers/iio/imu/st_lsm6dsx/" directory. I am trying to use the same tool to retrieve values and I get this error:

iio_generic_buffer -n lsm9ds1-imu_accel -A -g -c 5

iio device number being used is 2
trigger-less mode selected
Enabling all channels
Enabling: in_accel_y_en
Enabling: in_accel_x_en
Enabling: in_timestamp_en
Enabling: in_accel_z_en
Failed to enable buffer '/sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device2/buffer0': Unknown error 524
Disabling: in_accel_y_en
Disabling: in_accel_x_en
Disabling: in_timestamp_en
Disabling: in_accel_z_en

This error means ENOTSUPP (Operation is not supported) and I have checked in "drivers/iio/imu/st_lsm6dsx/st_lsm6dsx_core.c" that the fifo_ops feature is not included for the LSM9DS1 ID.

I would like to know if you have a patch that includes this feature or even if you could provide your own drivers as you did for previous kernel versions.

Best regards and thank you
Angel

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Angel1 ,

Just to be sure, are you using our official drivers?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

I was using your official drivers with kernel version 4.19.94.

Now, with kernel 6.1.46 I was trying to use drivers included in the official kernel version because in your drivers I can not see any branch/version for kernel 6.x.x

What drivers version should I use with kernel 6.1.46 ?

Best regards and thank you

Angel