cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSR Wake Up and Activity Detection

Neutral_15120
Associate

Hello, currently I am using LSM6DSR for developing my apps.
I have tested this sensor for Wake Up detection with 218.75 mg threshold and Activity detection with 15.625 mg threshold without any issues.
Is it possible to enable both of these detection at the same time (say Wake Up detection as interrupt 1 and Activity detection as interrupt 2)? I doubt it is possible since both of these are using the same WAKE_UP_THS register.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Neutral_15120 ,

Welcome to ST Community!

Correct, the threshold is the same 'WAKE_UP_THS' so it is not possible to set two different thresholds at the same time.

The alternative could be to use LSM6DSV which has two different thresholds WAKE_UP_THS and INACT_THS or LSM6DSRX and make the filters with MLC and then process the signal after HP filter in FSM.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Neutral_15120 ,

Welcome to ST Community!

Correct, the threshold is the same 'WAKE_UP_THS' so it is not possible to set two different thresholds at the same time.

The alternative could be to use LSM6DSV which has two different thresholds WAKE_UP_THS and INACT_THS or LSM6DSRX and make the filters with MLC and then process the signal after HP filter in FSM.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.