cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS3MDL availability

Paul Mellor
Associate II
Posted on February 15, 2017 at 10:12

We're trying to get some LIS3MDL parts for some sample boards we are making. Seems there is no supply anywhere. Does anyone know what the problem is, or when it's likely to be sorted? Better still: any ideas where I can get say 5 of these sensors ASAP?

#lis3mdl
11 REPLIES 11
Caio Marcos Alves
Associate
Posted on August 18, 2017 at 20:09

Any updates on this?

The first time I made a prototype batch, a couple months ago, the manufacturer had some difficulties to source them.

I'm about to make a second batch and DigiKey and Mouser do not have them.

Posted on August 20, 2017 at 18:54

Mouser has >65K on order (some people likely have back orders against that at reel levels driving that number), with initial shipments mid November 2017, going to people in the queue they have built.

If you plan on using these, get an order against this part now, cancel it later if things change, but unless you're in line the 20-26 week lead is something you need to figure into your planning, or pay a significant premium to those doing arbitrage. Never assume 5-6 month lead times are a joke, the semi industry has heavily pivoted to build-to-order, and unless you're doing monster volume you're not likely to see preferential treatment.

The warning has been there 20+ weeks, assume they can sell everything they can build. ie struggling to build enough, not struggling to build

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..