cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS3DH Single and Double click interrupt at the same time

ELevh.2
Associate II

Single click interrupt works fine, Double click interrupt works fine. When trying to enable both at the same time only the double clicks work.

I have searched, and there are 3 old topics with this exact question, all are closed with no answer. Could you just provide an answer instead of just closing this one too? Is it a silicon bug? Or some error in the datasheet or appnote AN3308?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

I'm afraid they enter in conflict and the double click interrupt prevails. So, if you just tap one single time on the sensor while both interrupt are enabled, you are not able to see the single click interrupt. This is declared in the AN3308 application note, p.34 (last row):

0693W000006G9TsQAK.pngIt could be however possible to implement the single click in a different way, acting on the INT1_SRC (31h), INT1_THS (32h) and INT1_DURATION (33h), by "constructing by hand" the single click event detector. The double click has to be routed in this case on the INT2 pad.

Please let me know it can help you.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

I'm afraid they enter in conflict and the double click interrupt prevails. So, if you just tap one single time on the sensor while both interrupt are enabled, you are not able to see the single click interrupt. This is declared in the AN3308 application note, p.34 (last row):

0693W000006G9TsQAK.pngIt could be however possible to implement the single click in a different way, acting on the INT1_SRC (31h), INT1_THS (32h) and INT1_DURATION (33h), by "constructing by hand" the single click event detector. The double click has to be routed in this case on the INT2 pad.

Please let me know it can help you.

-Eleon

ELevh.2
Associate II

Thank you for that clarification. I didnt notice the implicatinos of that truth table, I was hoping it was supposed to work as displayed in "Figure 16: Single and double-click recognition" on page 32.

For this proof of concept application it worked out ok anyway, using double on one axis and single on the other two works good enough. Another fix could be to set it to only single and use software double clicks instead, that would add the benefit of tripple or more aswell, but at the cost of added cpu load..