cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do aI specify the .ioc file for X-CUBE-53L3A2?

charles23
Associate III

I have added the X-CUBE-53L3A2 software package to STM32CubeIDE and successfully built and run the SimpleRanging sample application. I now want to make changes to the STM32F401 pin assignements (actually, add a second UART).

When I click on the NucleoF401RE_53LX_Expansion.ioc file I get this error:

Invalid Input: Must be project's active .ioc file.

Project's 'SimpleRanging' active one is 'SimpleRanging.ioc' file

AFAIK there is no file 'SimpleRanging.ioc'

How can I fix this, and where do I look to understand how these .ioc files are used within STM32CubeIDE?

BTW - I am able to create new projects using .ioc files, including a new project using the existing NucleoF401RE_53LX_Expansion.ioc file

2 REPLIES 2
charles23
Associate III

Hmmm.... so far I have not found a fix to this. (I would still like an answer!). Instead I have created a new project (File > New > STM32 project from an Existing STM32CubeMX Configuration File) and referenced the NucleoF401RE_53LX_Expansion.ioc file from the X-CUBE-53L3A2 project. That allowed me to open the .ioc file and make changes.

To get the X-CUBE-53L3A2 example running I then had to import a load of files from the X-CUBE-53L3A2 project and mess around with the resulting compiler errors, but I did get it running....

John E KVAM
ST Employee

Charles -

That .ioc file is created by the code that configured your Nucleo board.

I really don't know much about it. Granted I use it - but I don't know much about it.

I suggest you post this to the STM32 community page.

They know a lot more than I do.

• john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.