cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get a .csv file logged to the SD Card with the default Datalogger app.

jdsotack
Associate II

I have been trying to use the default data logger app to acquire a csv file. The only csv file I have been able to get is the one with battery logging.

When I try to create a default data logger app, load it, record data, stop recording data, and export the log file, there is never a log file.

My ultimate goal is to log acceleration and orientation data to a csv file at about 50 hz and the analyze the data on my PC. I just started using SensorTile yesterday and any suggestions would be appreciated.

John

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @jdsotack​ , do you mean the example "Data recorder" app? It is very strange because you should get something like the attached file... Which is your total acquisition time? And did you check if your SensorTile.box is recognized as mass storage device from your PC (I suggest you to disconnect from Bluetooth) and if the .csv file "date modified" is updated? Regards

jdsotack
Associate II

I was expecting the Email log function to work. Based on you post I connected my tile with mass storage USB and saw many files.

I was using the settings, log file menu and that was not showing anything. Thank you.

John

Hi John, the e-mail function works when the data are transmitted via BLE (example apps with the Bluetooth icon), and not directly stored on SD card (example apps with the SD icon, like the "Data recorder" one). In Expert view, you can create an app identical to Data recorder but with the "Stream to Bluetooth" output, as shown in the picture below. If you start the log in this configuration and then you stop it, you will receive the popup with the "send email request". Regards

0693W000000WdboQAC.jpg