cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eleon, help, again. Latest firmware for Sensor.box...

TJM
Senior

Hello, Eleon. My app tells be that v3.47 firmware for the sensor.box is available. The Android app tries to download and install but I never could get that to work properly. Can you post the new v3.47 firmware please.

Thanks,

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi Tony @TJM​ ,

here is the fw.

I don't remember if Eleon gave you the version with bootloader or not, I zipped both of them.

Niccolò

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi Tony @TJM​ ,

here is the fw.

I don't remember if Eleon gave you the version with bootloader or not, I zipped both of them.

Niccolò

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

I believe we should make this available on the SensorTile.box st.com page, indeed...

Reminder for the future

-Eleon

TJM
Senior

Niccolo, thanks for the files. Eleon usually sends both files to me but the bootloader version is what I needed.

Eleon, that's a good idea. I always check the sensortile.box page first to see if the updates are there and posting them in one of the download areas would be easier and more convenient. I've only been able to install the firmware using the Android app one time and haven't been able to make that work again. I have no idea why that happens but I think it's an issue with my Motorola phone. Not a big deal and the st-link/st-programmer works fine.

added: Just tried the OTA update once more before using the st-link and it worked. Not quite sure why it's been unreliable.

Thanks,

Tony

Ya, I agree with you, Tony.

Let's see if we can do it for the next releases.

-Eleon

TJM
Senior

Thanks.

There is the issue of not having the source for this SensorTile box and I've seen this mentioned in here somewhere. We have the code for the STWINCSV1 industrial sensor box but not for this SensorTile. Is there a reason for not having the source for this particular sensor? There has been a number of updates for the SensorTile and I can see a scenario where keeping the source and compiled firmware in sync might be an issue considering the OTA function but it would still be nice to be able to view the code and compile our own updates.

thanks,

Tony

Hi Tony @TJM​ ,

the default fw for SensorTile.box is pretty complex to modify.

It is far easier to start from another example to implement custom functions.

I think that's the main reason why the source code is not available to the public.

Niccolò