cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use the SensorTile with a simple 3V power Supply?

ZBorn.1
Associate

I have the SensorTile development kit, where I am able to successfully connect and use the SensorTile with either the cradle or expansion board. What I would like to do is use the SensorTile core board without having to use the cradle or the expansion board in a simple circuit design.

This being the case my questions are:

1) Is it possible to connect a simple 3V coin cell battery only to the core board as a power supply to get the system working?

2) If this is possible, which pins (as in the SensorTile User Guide) would correspond to the positive and negative of the power supply

I am new to this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @ZBorn.1​ , your requests can be in general satisfied. In details:

1) Is it possible to connect a simple 3V coin cell battery only to the core board as a power supply to get the system working?

Yes it is, you can connect the battery to the STEVAL-STLCS01V1 on the VDD (SWDVDD) or the VDDUSB line and solder the R2 (0Ohm)

0693W000001pNw4QAE.jpg

2) If this is possible, which pins (as in the SensorTile User Guide) would correspond to the positive and negative of the power supply

The battery + pin can be connected to the above-mentioned pin, while the battery - pole is can be connected to GND.

Regards