cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use the iNEMO ISM330DHCX on eval kit STEVAL-MKI210V1K for Sampling speed for Vibration Detector freqs 1k to 2.5khz.

dpeng
Associate

I have a ISM330DHCX and evaluation kit for a vibration detector. 

Can the Unico / Weka Machine Learning Core work at above 104Hz? 

I've got a vibration class in the 1k -> 2.5k hz.  In Unico 'Options Tab' I can set the Output Data Rate to 6.66 kHz, but the Machine Learning Core will only goes up to 104Hz. I think I need a sampling rate at least 2x the frequency I want to test. It seems the ISM330 is very fast, but can it do what I am looking for?

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @dpeng​ ,

please note that the 104Hz is the maximum configurable ODR for the MLC and refers to the Machine Learning Core output data rate, that can be configured among one of the four available rates from 12.5 to 104 Hz as explained in the application note AN5259 at p.2. This is the MLC output spped, such as the maximum speed for the decision tree output refresh.

As explained -for example- in this article, you can however acquire data at higher ODRs, and then upload them on Unico, going through the flow for the decision tree generation and the MLC regmap content definition.

Please let me know if it can be of any help for you.

-Eleon