cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 not working anymore after firmware update

paul19
Associate III

I used the BlueNRG GUI app (as described in 2.2 of AN5651) to flash a non-official firmware (this one) on my brand new X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1. I did a few tests and realized that ST BLE sample apps weren't working anymore. So I decided to come back to the official firmware.

This time, I used a ST-LINK V2 clone and the STSW-BNRGFLASHER app. I could successfully flash the latest BlueNRG-M2SA_M2SP_DTM_Stack_v2.1c/BLUENRG-M2SP_32MHz_RO_SMPS_off/SPI firmware, but it didn't get me back to the initial situation: ST BLE sample apps still don't work. They all hang immediately in hci_reset() (timeout in hci_send_req()).

Any idea what's wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
paul19
Associate III

It works now.

It seems what I did wrong was to forget to remove the JP15 jumper ("Boot pin connect to VDD , for wake up device when in sleep") after flashing.

Or maybe what solves my issue was to check "Update Device Memory" in BlueNRG-X Flasher Utility:

0693W00000BcBCcQAN.jpg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
paul19
Associate III

It works now.

It seems what I did wrong was to forget to remove the JP15 jumper ("Boot pin connect to VDD , for wake up device when in sleep") after flashing.

Or maybe what solves my issue was to check "Update Device Memory" in BlueNRG-X Flasher Utility:

0693W00000BcBCcQAN.jpg