cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUSB-4710 in STEVAL-ISC004V1 toggling VBus_EN_SRC

LB1
Associate

Hello,

I just got a STEVAL-ISC004V1 kit for evaluating the STUSB-4710 in a USB-PD Application.

As described in the manual I connected it to a 24V power supply and connected it to the Nucleo F072RB and the corresponding GUI. I can access the device and read the NVM.

When I connect a PD-compliant smartphone or laptop the green LED on the board keeps blinking and VBus_EN_SRC toggles. The smartphone does not change to charging state and the GUI for STUSB-4710 does not show any further connection info. The dashboard in the GUI is just empty, no errors reported.

How to proceed and to debug this issue? Did anyone experience the same issue?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
TNils.1
Associate II

If it toggles the VBUS_EN_SRC, you should be betting a VBUS voltage out, did you measure the voltage on the VBUS? There's a test pin for that. I noticed issues with more or less all my Type-C cables, they act differently depending on how I connect them. Try just flipping one connector and see what happens, and try that in both connectors. I am testing my eval unit right now and it seems to work fine for 5, 9 and 15V but I am not getting 20V on mine. But the cable needs to be connected with the connector in the load in the right "direction".